Sunday, August 2, 2009

EVERY LIVING THING EATS PLANTS

Original Post Date: July 3, 2008

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground - everything that has the breath of life in it - I give every green plant for food." And it was so. Genesis 1:29-30

Isn't it strange to think that humans were created to be vegetarians and all the animals were created to be herbivores? Scripture tells us that it wasn't until after the Flood that humans and some animals began to eat meat. Until then, animals were not afraid of humans and, I suspect, weren't afraid of each other.

The issue of fear with animals has been a heartbreaking topic for me. I am a huge animal lover. I want to pet them, hold them and share in the goodness God put inside of them. This fear that God put in them after the Flood keeps me from being able to do that.

I come from a family of hunters. I would imaging that my dad and brother are very grateful that they didn't live in the pre-Flood era. What sport would there have been for men before there was hunting and fishing? Perhaps they had games to keep them busy - football anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment