Wednesday, March 18, 2009

For My Writing Group Friends

Contemporary life has too many portals, it seems. Last week I went to see the movie He's Just Not That Into You and one of the women characters was complaining that there were too many techological sources of relationship rejections. If a guy seems to have blown you off, you find yourself checking e-mail, networking website, text messages, voice mail, answering machine, etc. to see if he's called.

I already post blog entries on three networking sites: Facebook, Yahoo! 360 and Plaxo. To create this blog site seems a bit redundant. However, I just found out on Monday that all my new creative writing group friends are on here. It is in honor of them that I have set myself up with an account.

Since most of my new friends have not known me until now, I am going to re-post entry by entry last year's blog series entitled Ramblings on How We Got Here. It was my first visit to the writers' group that finally pushed me over the edge to compile this blog series into a book and have it printed. Nearly 100 copies of the book have been given out to friends and family across the globe.

To all my new writer's group friends, I hope you'll enjoy the blog and I look forward to reading all of yours.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome, Dixie! Can't wait to read more! And I'll get with you soon to help you with the stuff you emailed me about!

    L

    ReplyDelete