Wednesday, March 25, 2009

NEW BEGINNINGS: REFLECTIONS ON CREATION

Original Post Date: Sunday, March 9, 2008

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1

In the past few months, I have had a crisis of faith. I've found myself questioning the things I've been taught as true. I've been frustrated by the corruption of men and the injustice that people have to endure in their lives. Part of this has been precipitated by struggles that individuals in my family have faced in the last year. Another cause has been a major change in my perspectives about church in general and the American church specifically. But that is the topic of an article to be written another day.

Suffice to say that I've found myself needing a fresh start spiritually. In my prayer time, God has shown me that this faith crisis has resulted in me being a completely open slate to Him. I'm ready to hear and see new things. I'm ready for my vision and my worldview to be blown wide open. I want to learn things from God that I've never known before: who He is, what's important to Him, how He works, and what He wants from me.

When one wants a fresh start in life, it's always good to start at the beginning. The Creation account in Genesis seemed a good place to start for a devotional study during this season of my life. Perhaps in the pages of Moses' account, I will find new insight and renewed understanding of myself and the world I live in.

It is comforting to know that our God is the King of fresh starts, insight and understanding. Proverbs 9:10 says "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." I believe I've come to the right place for my new journey. Join me over the next few weeks as we explore how all this began.

No comments:

Post a Comment